Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dinner

So tonight, I made black bean burgers for the first time.  They were good.  I pretty much just dumped whatever vegetable I could grab into my food processor.  I used a can of black beans, some carrot sticks, some eggplant, some spinach, some onion (green and red) and some alfalfa sprouts.  I also had to use some bread crumbs and whole wheat flour to make the mixture firm enough to form patties.  I put them in the oven for about 30 minutes at 475 and I was constantly squishing and flipping them so they would dry out.  I steamed a bag of green beans, and made sweet potato fries with ketchup.  The black bean burger was crunchy on the outside and slightly mushy on the inside.  Just the way I like it.  And yes the fries were slightly burnt, but still delicious!  I drank water with it.  Thats usually all I drink, that and soy milk.  No juice or soda for me please.    Also, for dessert I had a small handful of chocolate chips,  I have a pretty big sweet tooth, so most likely I will always have something sweet with my meal, unless I'm too stuffed!  Well I'm off to paint, maybe I'll post a picture later.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment