Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trail Mix Friend or foe?

So we've all had our moments, when no matter what we eat nothing satisfies our hunger.  Well today I had mine.  I kept mixing walnuts, almonds, raisons and chocolate chips together.  I ate it for snack but I ate it until I was full, for some reason I kept wanting more.  Trail mix is filled nutrients but its so high in calories.  Last year, when I was overweight, I ate it all the time, but then I stopped.  So I was wondering what others think about this?  Do you eat a lot of trail mix?  Do you think its high calorie count overweighs the nutrients,  or like everything else its perfectly fine in moderation?  I was so full after my "snack" that I only ate an orange for my "dinner" after I ran a mile.
On a side note I finished my biology project.  It was a plant cell, and I made it out of food.  It was a great way to get rid of food I don't eat anymore without being wasteful.  I'll post a pic later.

No comments:

Post a Comment