Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I know I know...

There is already a vegan teen blog, but she hasn't posted in years, so I thought it would be ok. I am what I like to call a "Transitional vegan" meaning once all of the regular vegetarian food (milk products, eggs etc.) are out of my house I will never buy/eat them again. The reason why I have to go through this process of ridding my house of non vegan food is because I'm the only one who likes Amy's Mattar Paneer (Go figure), and I want to reduce waste as much as possible.
My goal for this blog is to share my story with others, let them know how/why I became vegan and give some insight on diet and exercise. Last March after months of depression I was at a weight of 165. I'm 5'6 and I did not like this number at all. I had been vegetarian for 4 years but that didn't stop me from eating some cake. :d I started dieting and exercising on my own and I've lost 40lbs, and I am now proud to say I am 125. Great right? Not really. I hadn't been eating enough (900 calories a day) and while I did feel full and satisfied with that number I knew my body needed more. I weighed myself every time I walked into the bathroom and I became so obsessive and controlling that I started to make my self throw up about once or twice a week. But, being the strong willed disciplined person I am, I told myself enough was enough. I eat more, and I have started to run every morning. I don't count calories anymore and I don't check my weight, I eat what I want as long as its healthy and I'm hungry.
I plan on posting every day to talk about my day, my progress with running (I want to run my first 5k by July), and what I'm eating. I'll post and link to some yummy recipes as well.
I know this was long winded, but its my first blog and I'm just so excited! I love to read blogs especially ones about other vegetarians, and fitness addicts (I think I'm becoming a running addict ;]) I'll be back to talk about my first meal in the blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment